The successful candidate must be driven to succeed, available for frequent local travel, and undertake a variety of indirect tax (VAT) compliance and consultancy services, and to a certain limit, IFRS and financial statements audits and procedures, in an efficient and professional manner. Candidate must be meticulous and analytical. The role will be heavily client-facing.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an experienced big 4 partner team. The team is driven to succeed and strive to provide real value to our clients.
- Plan and oversee the compliance and auditing process
- Perform effective risk and control assessments
- Complete audits on time and submit reports to auditing manager
- Present audit findings and find ways to increase compliance and efficiency
- Coordinate periodical audits
- Proven experience as an auditor
- In-depth understanding of auditing and control practices
- Updated knowledge of applicable laws and regulations
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel) and accounting software
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Organizational and leadership abilities
- Integrity and reliability
- Working both independently and alongside partner and VAT Team to promote and manage the practice and VAT Consultancy services to the firm.
- Manage and facilitate routine VAT seminars to clients and potential clients.
- Prepare technical VAT documents and communications for clients.
- Frequent travel to client sites for VAT work/meetings.
- Working with finance and commercial teams to support on billing arrangements. Provide internal and external training to develop the team and clients.
- Provide VAT consultancy services to clients such as Outputs and Inputs Tax reviews and compliance; Contract reviews and; any ad-hoc work required by clients in order to meet their VAT statutory obligations.
- Support the expansion of VAT Consultancy Services and generate income through the achievement of sales targets.
- Comprehensive experience of the VAT guidelines and regulations in the UAE, and IFRS knowledge
- Good communication, coaching and presentation skills
- Excellent IT skills – in particular, the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Will have 3+ years of progressive tax experience, including a minimum of 1-2 years Indirect tax experience working in International Indirect tax.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics or Business Administration, VAT Diploma is a plus
- Progressive tax experience with some exposure to international transactional taxes in a Big 4 public accounting firm and/or a multinational corporation
- Professional certification in taxation and accounting, is a plus.