Senior VAT Consultant
Posted 3 years ago
We are looking to recruit a Senior VAT Consultant with an extensive background in VAT and indirect-Tax. The role is the implementation and compliance for our clients.
The role will be heavily client-facing, working towards the expansion of the service line. The successful candidate must be driven to succeed, available for frequent travel, give seminars/training, and undertake a variety of VAT consultancy services in an efficient and professional manner.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an experienced big 4 partner team and help shape the future of the firm. The team are driven to succeed and strive to provide real value to our clients.
- Working both independently and alongside partner and VAT Team to promote and manage the practice and VAT Consultancy services to the firm.
- Manage and facilitate routine VAT seminars to clients and potential clients.
- Prepare technical VAT documents and communications for clients.
- Frequent travel to client sites for VAT work/meetings.
- Working with finance and commercial teams to support billing arrangements. Provide internal and external training to develop the team and clients.
- Provide VAT consultancy services to clients such as Outputs and Inputs Tax reviews and compliance; Contract reviews and; any ad-hoc work required by clients to meet their VAT statutory obligations.
- Support the expansion of VAT Consultancy Services and generate income through the achievement of sales targets.
- Comprehensive experience of the VAT guidelines and regulations in the UAE
- Experience in dealing with clients demands and requests
- Excellent communication, coaching and presentation skills
- Ability to make well-informed decisions on complex raw data complying with any relevant legislation
- Right commercial mind to make value judgments and recognize potential growth opportunities
- Excellent IT skills – in particular, the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Driving license and ability to travel across the UAE to client sites
- Proven track record in meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Knowledge of different ERP systems
- Experience in other areas of VAT and Tax
- Will have 3+ years of progressive tax experience, including a minimum of 1-2 years of Indirect tax experience working in International Indirect tax.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics or Business Administration, VAT Diploma is a plus
- Progressive tax experience with some exposure to international transactional taxes in a Big 4 public accounting firm and/or a multinational corporation
- Experience and knowledge with UAE and International Indirect-tax are required.
- Experience managing a transactional tax compliance function
- Experience and knowledge in IFRS and tax regulations, laws and standards
- Advanced data analytics skills (including proficiency in Excel)
- Ability to understand and work with ERP systems,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to interface with senior management
- Ability to work independently with limited general supervision, effectively prioritizing competing demands in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lead international tax compliance through hiring and development
- Professional certification in taxation and accounting.